Plus size is what I celebrate on Full Figure Plus. To continue that celebration I have been looking at the many lovely ladies who have submitted their photos over the years, yes years, in order to be featured as the beauty of the week. There have been many highs and a few lows when it comes to running this spot on Full Figure Plus. As we go into a New Year I have to do a bit of house cleaning in regards to what is good and what is not so good about what I would like to accomplish. I hope I don’t bore you.
The good part of Plus Size Beauty Of The Week
- Plus size ladies from around the world submit their photos
- At last count ladies from 15 countries have submitted photos
- Nina Taylor the 2011 face of Full Figured Fashion Week™ submitted her photo prior to her being named the face of the event
- Aspiring models have submitted photos
- Everyday ladies have submitted photos – This category is my favorite!
- The promotion has expanded to Pintrest
- The promotion has expanded to Facebook
The not so good part about the Plus Size Beauty of the Week
- Too many grainy cell phone photos
- Head shots
- Full or partial nudity
- Photos that are too small
- Photos from Sprint phones that only contain a link to nothing
- Personal information included with photos
For those who have not been following the beauty of the week and only see the photos the new updated rules are below. They are simple to follow and pretty straight forward.
2013 Plus Size Beauty of the Week Update
- Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos following a theme aka New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, Christmas, bridal, swimwear, get special attention
- Full body or 3/4 body shots preferred
- Nude photos will be rejected
- Head only photos will be rejected
That’s it. As long as you follow those rules your photo will be featured just like all the other ladies from years past. Once again when it comes to my featuring photos on this blog, Full Figure Plus nor the parent company Full Figure Network, Inc. represents models. There are plenty of resources on the Internet to help you model, all I am doing is celebrating size in my own corner of the online universe.