Lately, social media, in particular Twitter has been a fast growing beast when it comes to everything. I am uber excited to see the how combination of Twitter, Instagram, and Pintrest has been a powerful tool for the plus size community in the fight against size acceptance idiots. Today, we will be talking about Twitter which allows everyone to have a voice equally, and how many in the plus size community are taking full advantage of it.
I was looking in my Twitter stream of new followers. Some I was previously aware of, while others are totally new to me. The great part about it is within the world of Twitter the trolls who think they are so smart have no place. Business is being conducted as well as the spreading of information like wildfire.
In some cases there are things that I will post to Twitter that never make it to my blog. I would have never thought as a blogger I would be saying something like that, but when I think about what my job which is to be a trafficker of information then promoting the plus size cause on Twitter is exactly what I should be doing.
Full Figure Plus new Twitter followers
Some of the new followers I have on Twitter that I think you should know about include:
- Empress Lingerie - Giving Curves the Royal Treatment…Empress Lingerie conjures up titillating fantasies and mischievous rendezvous, to allow the fun to begin.
- Sorella Swim - Sorella Swim® is giving the sophisticated, fashionable, curvy woman a luxury swimwear brand that she can call her own! Plus Sizes 10-24
- Plus Line Boutique - Plus Line Boutique is an online fashion boutique where PLUS SIZE is the ONLY size! Offering fashion sizes 12-24! COMING DEC 2012!! Sit tight divas!!
- T~TymeLady Couture – When you are too big to be Small and to small to be Big!
- Vanessa DeLaRosa - Model/Actress/BBall Coach/Mentor/Military Veteran/Enjoys Sports & Traveling/From Texas,Lived in CA,OH,VA,WA. Atlanta GA
- Farah Olieri - NYC BASED: PLUS SIZE MODEL, TV&Film Actress, Voice Over (Bi-lingual), FOLLOW ME! -dance teacher with PAA in Edgewater,Nj hoboken, jersey
- Illsay Giselle - Fashion & Footwear Enthusiast. Plus Size Fashion Blogger. SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXTRACALIDOPECHICK
- Siren The PSModel - Upcoming Freelance Plus Size Model. For Model Booking or Event Model. Philadelphia/NYC/NJ/DMV
- Michelle Stoton - Owner of Cheek2Chique Boutique ladies fashion sizes 8-32.. PartyPlanner/Fundraiser/Recruiter/Distributor/Sponsor for FM Perfume, Cosmetics, Mineral Make-up…
- Miss Philomena Kwao – Plus Size model from London, United Kingdom
- Plus Size Jewelry – Handcrafted gemstone jewelry that always fits “just right”
- Ana Marie Alicea – Miss Image Model Plus 2012 Puerto Rico
- Ann Taylor - The new Ann Taylor defines chic, smart, sophisticated style, designed for the modern woman
- Andrea Amador – (Reading her book right now) As The Juicy Woman, and author of the book, Lovin’ the Skin You’re In, I coach women to love their bodies and yummy up their lives one bite at a time.
The Twitter list above consists, of bloggers, merchants, models, and business individuals who have a common goal. They all want their voice concerning the plus community to be heard. I love that eight years ago the Internet did everything possible to hide anything related to plus size and that mission has failed. Even today the term “BBW” which has been transformed in such a way that it is more closely associated with the porn industry than it’s original meaning of simply “big beautiful woman” has not stopped the movement.
Thank goodness Twitter is a spot where the raw uncut feelings of the plus size community can be heard and not squashed by the size critics of the day. Be sure to follow @fullfigureplus on Twitter and if you have something to say don’t be afraid to say it!